Community Council and United Way of the Blue Mountains recently facilitated a series of Virtual Community Roundtable events on behalf of the Educational Attainment Alliance. The Roundtable events brought together leaders from key sectors to help answer the question: "How can our community best support children, students, and families this fall?"
Watch video recordings of the events:
- Dayton and Waitsburg, August 13, 2020
- Milton-Freewater, August 18, 2020
- Touchet, August 19, 2020
- College Place and Walla Walla, August 20, 2020
Read summaries of the events:
Community Council has completed the advocacy phase for most of the Education as a Path to Economic Growth study recommendations. At the Full Circle Celebration on October 29, 2019, the Implementation Task Force report was released and highlights from the advocacy process were shared.
Community Council continues to support advocacy for two ongoing initiatives:
- Educational Attainment Alliance
- The Educational Attainment Alliance acts as a catalyst for change, working to eliminate barriers to student success and build better alignment across the educational continuum within our region that fosters the talents of everyone in our region.
- Entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Convening stakeholders from the business, nonprofit, and governmental sectors to identify ways in which to create a more robust entrepreneurial ecosystem that incubates and supports innovation in our region.