- Propose a study topic Community Council regularly facilitates community studies in order to better understand and then address complex issues of regional significance.
Past study topics:
- Enhancing the Educational Attainment of our region's Children
- Optimizing Resources; Value-added Agriculture
- Preventing Gang Violence
- Improving Communication Between Citizens and Government
- Increasing Food Security
- Enhancing Outdoor Recreation Opportunities
- Education as a Path to Economic Growth
Study topics should be regionally relevant, important, timely, manageable and have broad community interest.
- Advocate Advocates meet regularly to research, strategize and talk with stakeholders in support of study recommendations. Current advocacy efforts are Enhancing Outdoor Recreation and Education as a Path to Economic Growth.
- Participate Join a study committee to learn about a complex regional issue and help devise recommendations for improvement. During the 26-week study period, volunteers commit to weekly meetings where they learn about the topic and craft recommendations for positive change. If you would like to be notified of the next study committee, let us know.
- Follow Share your contact information so that we can include you on our mailing list. We won't overload you with information, but will let you know when we are hosting events that you might be interested in. You can remove yourself from our mailing list at any time.