The Community Council facilitates a citizen-driven, consensus-based problem-solving process to prepare the greater Walla Walla area for future growth, change and challenges. The Community Council encourages the participation of all residents of the region.
The Community Council is a nonpartisan, nongovernmental, diverse and inclusive organization committed to open dialogue, solid research, consensus-building and effective advocacy, enabling the highest quality of life for everyone throughout the region.
The Community Council board’s primary mission is to ensure the integrity of the process. The board has no agenda, bias or ownership.
The process is structured to ensure a safe setting for any and every resident to participate in any or all of the following:
- Determining which community issues to take on.
- Expressing personal conviction on selected issues.
- Listening to all input from other residents.
- Seeking accurate information about the issues through solid research.
- Gathering input from experts in the field.
- Seeking solutions by reaching a consensus.
- Advocating recommendations to appropriate decision-making entities.
The Community Council is governed by a board of directors.